The School of Rock offers a variety of music education programs for all ages and levels. Take a look at our programs and find the right fit for you.
Click on More/Hide next to each camp name to show or hide the full description, details, fees and schedule by location.
- The premiere music education experience for student musicians – More/Hide
The Performance Program is designed for kids who know the basics of how to play their instrument and are ready to take it to the stage. This program introduces the team element into music instruction. Students will learn harmonies, musicianship and how to perform in an authentic rock show environment.
Each season, students spend time honing their music skills while preparing to perform some of the greatest songs in rock and roll history.
Past student programs have include roof raising tributes to Pink Floyd’s The Wall, Led Zeppelin, Van Halen, AC/DC, Best of the 80s, Punk Rock, Devo, Frank Zappa, Queen, and many more fun and exciting programs.
Students enrolled in our Performance Program receive:
- Weekly private music lesson on guitar, bass guitar, keyboard, drums, and / or vocals
- Weekly three-hour band rehearsal to prepare for the rock concert
- Enhanced learning in key areas such as stage performance, harmonies, musicianship and more
- Choice of new show themes every season
- kids just starting out will learn the fundamentals of playing a musical instrument in a fun and interactive group environment. – More/Hide
Rock 101 students will master the basics while playing actual rock music, before jumping into live shows. Songs in Rock 101 are chosen to highlight the skills needed to build a strong foundation on a respective student’s musical instrument.
For example, a beginning guitar player needs to learn power chord shapes, so we have picked a few Ramones songs that use these forms as a basis to introduce the concept.
Our Rock 101 music program includes:
- Learning the basics of technique and music theory
- Understanding the dynamic of playing in a group
- A weekly private music lesson on guitar, bass guitar, keyboard, drums, and / or vocals
- A weekly group band rehearsal
- Just lessons, beginner through advanced instruction on guitar, bass, drums, piano, keyboards and vocals. – More/Hide
Looking for lessons? Our Lesson Programs are the foundation of all we do and our instructors are the best in the business. Group or Individual lessons are ideal for students who have a limited schedule, but are still seeking the School of Rock Experience or who want to maintain their music instruction while exploring other School of Rock programs, such as camps. Students receive hands-on private music lessons or group lessons without the group band rehearsal dynamic.
Our weekly 45-minute private lessons (Beginner through Advanced) provide individualized instruction using our proprietary approach to learning and access to special member-only artist events, programs and workshops. Groups lessons also available.
- Super fun group music lesson for first and second grade rockers. – More/Hide
ROOKIES inspires first and second graders to pursue music by channeling their inner rock stars. The action-packed classes teach young rockers pitch, rhythm and musical teamwork through a combination of fun, music-based games and group rehearsal of simple rock songs. The students will experience the magic of playing all of the major rock instruments: GUITAR, BASS DRUMS, KEYBOARDS and VOCALS while developing a core understanding of, confidence in, and love for music.
- Advanced-level music education classes and workshops for students seeking new experiences to further their musical journey. – More/Hide
School of Rock’s new Band Coaching program gives your band the edge and outside perspective it needs to succeed. Bands will work on defining their sound, developing a stage show, and key elements of marketing and promotions, including creating a scene and navigating social media tools. Existing bands can join Band Coaching at anytime to take their band to the next level.
The Band Coaching Program includes:
- Weekly 90 minute group band rehearsal with a specially designated band coach who is a professional musician with live playing experience
- Unbiased constructive criticism and guidance around: overall presentation (using real estate on stage), overall feel, song structure arrangement adjustment/analysis, overall mix, interplay between band members
- A showcase or live show booked at the end of a season
- Periodic recorded rehearsals and written feedback
- Guidance to enhance your live show
- Instrument specific coaching including guitars, rhythm section, vocals and drums
- A clean, safe rehearsal space to practice
Students will get to experience legendary recordings from a new perspective. This workshop provides in-depth analysis and re-creation of iconic albums, including works by Radiohead, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Green Day and Black Sabbath. Students will get in the studio and learn about technique, creative approach and the recording process involved in producing them. Program combines extensive rehearsal and recording sessions with a producer to master these skills.
The Epic Album Program includes:
- a weekly private lesson
- a weekly, 90-minute pre-production session
- Four 4.5 hour recording sessions at local professional recording studio
In this songwriting and recording class taught by experienced musicians, students will get to focus on writing their own original material. They will learn the song writing process including song structure, lyric writing, song arrangements, the pre-production process related to working with other musicians and exploring musical ideas, preparing for the studio recording session and understanding how to use simple recording and micing to capture one’s ideas.
Students must be enrolled in our Performance Program to participate.
The Project Studio Workshop includes:
- a weekly, 2 hour writing & pre-production session
- One 6 hour recording session
- Minimum enrollment of 10 students with all instruments covered required.